Every year, BNI hosts Member Extravaganza! BNI chapters schedule at least one growth event during this time. In addition, social events and other chapter activities are often scheduled. Why? To increase that chapter's social capital and community influence. The goal of Member Extravaganza! is to create equally successful opportunities for all members.
A Qualifying Chapter is any BNI Alabama chapter that adds six (6) or more new members to their chapter during this year's Member Extravaganza!
For every new member you sponsor into a qualifying BNI Alabama Chapter during Member Extravaganza!, you are entered into a drawing. The drawing is for a chance to win a 5-Day, 4-Night Cruise to the Bahamas and Royal Caribbean's private island, "Perfect Day at CocoCay." Spend time with BNI Founder, Dr. Ivan Misner, and leading networkers from around the country!
The more new members you sponsor, the more chances you have to win.
- New Member applications must be dated April 1 thru May 31.**
- Regional office must receive application and payment before June 1.
- Sponsors' name must be included on the application.
- Members receive one entry for each new member they sponsor.
- There will be one winning member for every three qualifying chapters in the region.
- Winners will be announced in July.
- Travel dates are November 16-20, 2020, departing from Miami, FL.
- Includes airfare for 2.
- **Member transfers will not count toward the total number of new members. New chapters that charter during Member Extravaganza! must have 30 members to qualify. Other restrictions may apply.
Since a BNI Visitor Day has a specific focus on chapter growth, the ideal person to invite
(1) has a business they would like to represent and grow, and
(2) has never been to BNI before.
These people are considered qualified visitors.
Avoid inviting co-workers, family and friends (unless they meet the two criteria above), BNI members from other chapters, or BNI alumni. To get better results, start with qualified visitors.
While profession is important, finding a solid referral partner is more about the person.
Who do you think of when you consider the characteristics listed below? Invite them to network with you & other like-minded business people!
- An Entrepreneur: Those who have started their own business.
- A Leader: Those who possess leadership qualities and have modeled this in other organizations
- A Driver: Those who take initiative and are willing to commit and work toward achieving mutual goals.
- A Visionary: Those who have goals for the future and they know where they want to be over the next 3-5 years and beyond.
- A Team Builder: Those who understand the importance of building teams for mutual benefit.
- A Positive and Supportive Attitude: Those who have a positive outlook and a "can do" attitude.
- A Passion: Those who are able to share why they are passionate about what they do in a compelling way.
- A Givers Gain® Mindset: Those who are willing to help others reach for their goals and love connecting people.
- A Stable Business: Those who have a business that is established AND has room to grow.
- A Desire for Referrals: Those who want to establish long-term, meaningful relationships that result in increased business.
WE BUILT A MARKETING "TOOLBOX" TO HELP PROMOTE YOUR EVENT!
- Your chapter's Graphic Designer or Printer can customize/download/print these files.
- Your Social Media Manager can publish them to Facebook or Instagram.
**NOTE: Editing & downloading graphics provided in toolbox requires someone experienced with Canva.com**
ORGANIZATIONAL TOOLS include:
- BNI Alabama "Success in Six" Visitors Day Manual
- Visitors Day Tracking Sheet
- Visitor Sign-In Sheet
- Classifications list
MARKETING TOOLS include:
Visitor Correspondence Options:
- Letter-size invitations
- Business Card-size invitations
- Postcard-size invitations
Social Media Graphics:
- Facebook Event Cover Graphic
- Facebook Post Graphic
- Instagram Post Graphic
Week Following Member Extravaganza:
- Some visitors attended but didn't apply for membership.
- Some guests said they would attend, but weren't there.
- Some couldn't attend at all.
HOW TO FOLLOW UP?
- If they visited, have your Chapter Graphic Designer or Printer download & print the Thank You Cards included in your Marketing Toolbox (see link above). Mail these cards with personal, handwritten notes.
- Regardless if they visited or not, call & invite them back to your next meeting or social event.
- If they express further interest, invite them to apply for membership online.
- Consider planning another Visitors Day in 6 months to keep the momentum going!